We can help you navigate California’s ground-breaking privacy law – the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) – and guide you through your new data privacy obligations.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) came into effect on 1st January 2020 and provides Californians more control over their personal data. The CCPA’s data protections include:
The data privacy law affects all companies – regardless of their location – that serve California residents and meet any of the below criteria:
CCPA GAP Analysis
The CCPA GAP Analysis covers the three pillars of privacy adherence – people, process and technology. The Gap Analysis highlights the areas of potential risk and is conducted by our privacy-qualified consultants. It analyses the business’ maturity in eight key areas:
- CCPA governance and accountability
- Data privacy risk management
- Organisation’s understanding of the scope of CCPA
- Personal information management
- Security management
- Third party management
- Incident management
- Protection of data subjects’ rights
Building upon the outcomes of the CCPA GAP Analysis, your expert privacy team will then work with your business to build a strategy for your ongoing adherence.
These bespoke plans can include:
- Prioritization of the areas of most risk and/or of greatest remedial impact
- Privacy Officer considerations
- Process assessment
- Technology alignment
We will provide advice, lead and consult on the various areas of necessary improvement your business requires, and we’ll manage the overall delivery. We’ll ensure your CCPA Alignment project provides your business with value as we’ll update the original GAP Analysis to show you the areas of improvement.
Our CCPA Assurance service provides ongoing management and advisory services form our Privacy team to help your business manage its day-to-day adherence obligations.
This service includes:
- Reviewing and advising on privacy policies, processes and documentation
- Data protection and information security consultancy
- Ongoing monitoring of adherence to the Regulation, supported by dashboard reporting
- Advising on data protection impact assessments (DPIA), their implementation and outcomes
- Supporting your interactions with data subjects and Supervisory Authorities
We start these services at the same time as the CCPA Alignment service as this ensures that while your business is correcting the issues that are highlighted in CCPA Analysis, you are not left unprotected.
To discover how this service could help your business, speak to one of our expert consultants today.